Saturday, April 4, 2009

Maria's Room is Almost Ready!














The past 2 weeks have been very busy. The most exciting thing that happened is that Maria's Big girl furniture came in. Gerry and I are very happy with the way it looks and the quality of the furniture, however, I noticed a crack in her mirror about 5 seconds after the delivery guys pulled away. I called Carol House right away and they said they would order us a new one...no questions asked. It might take another 6 weeks for it to come in, though. It's not a very big crack, but we are happy to know we're getting a better one soon.


Maria seems to be very happy with her furniture as well. Gerry took her in to show her for the first time and he swears she turned around and hugged him as to say "Thanks, Dad!" We also bolted a tall white bookcase to the wall and put all of Maria's books on the bottom 2 shelves. We let her go in there by herself and she loves to take all the books down and read them. This is hilarious and it keeps her busy for 20 minutes at a time. Now, if I can only get her to put all the books away neatly...


I took a few pictures of Maria reading and playing in her room but we're not toally finished setting everything up. I don't want to do the "Big Reveal" until everything in the room is perfect. We are picking up the mattress and box spring from Gerry's parent's house on Sunday and we still have a few things to hang on the walls. Stay tuned...it's coming along quickly.

In other news, my doctor's appointment went really well last Thursday. Blood pressure was great and she did another ultrasound to look at the baby's heart. It's always nice to get another peek at him/her. Doctor said everything looks great. I have to go every 2 weeks now, which means I have another appointment this coming Thursday.

Some of you may know that my mom has been really sick for the past week and a half. She developed a serious intestinal infection called C-Diff. (it stands for something long and hard to pronounce) Anyway, it's taking her some time to bounce back. So, keep her in your prayers.

I am going to attempt to take Maria to the mall on Monday to get her picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Wish me luck. I hope the line isn't too long.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...