Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 36 Doctor Visit

I had my 36 week check up yesterday. I am going every week now. Luckily, my blood pressure was great and I gained 3 pounds this time. But I didn't gain any the previous week, so I'm not too worried about it. I have gained a total of 19 pounds so far this pregnancy. I ate a ton of cake, candy and ice cream over the holiday weekend, so I was expecting to have gained more than that. I am also dilated 1 and a half centimeters. Not much of a change since last week.

I also tested positive for Group B Strep which will only affect the baby if I deliver vaginally. They will give me antibiotics through an IV if I decide to labor and deliver that way. If I have the scheduled C-Section, nothing is done differently and the baby doesn't run any risks from this.

The other thing my doctor and I discussed was the position of the baby. She told me the baby was in an oblique position, and is lying in the shape of a number 7. The head is down, but the butt is off to the right and the feet are off to the left. She said the baby's head is also resting right on top of my pubic bone which could explain the pain I've been experiencing there. Of course the baby could decide to move and turn at any time, but if he/she stays in this position it could make for a more complicated delivery. Maybe that's another sign to just do the C-Section?? I tried to find a picture of this position from the Internet, but I couldn't figure out how to post it to the blog. Anyway, everything else looks good. I go back in one week. More news later!

1 comment:

J,K & H said...

Sounds like good news. I can't wait to find out if I'm going to be a boy uncle or a girl uncle. You teased us about Maria's new room reveal, but we haven't seen it yet. What gives?

Jeff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...