Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Special Day and Girl's Night Out



I was so excited for April 18th to come! I had been complaining a lot recently about being sore...typical pregnancy stuff. And we all know how much Gerry LOVES to give me massages, so he finally just told me one night to go and get one. I was tired of being unsatisfied at Scandal's, so I called The Healing Arts Center. They will always hold a special place in my heart because I went to school there. I know the quality of massages the students are taught and I know they only hire the best when it comes to their actual therapists on staff. I had been wanting to get a shiatsu massage for a while, but wasn't sure if it was recommended for pregnancy. I looked on their website and found a therapist, Nancy, who happened to specialize in shiatsu and pre-natal. When I called to get an appointment, they told me she normally doesn't work on Saturdays. But they called her for me anyway, and she came in on her day off JUST FOR ME.

I am not kidding when I say this was THE BEST massage I have ever had in my entire life. Nancy was amazing. Not only did she come in on a Saturday, the massage wound up being 2 hours long...and she only charged me for one hour. She made sure that I was in no pain when I left that day. The table was set up with bolsters and pillows that were perfect for a pregnant woman needing to lay on her side. She did a combination of shiatsu and deep tissue and used the hot stones. I have never experienced that before and it was awesome. I highly recommend it. Bottom line: if you are looking for an amazing massage therapist call Nancy at the Healing Arts Center. It is also cheaper than Scandal's...only $60 for an hour.

After my wonderful morning getting a massage, my two BFFs (Connie & Erin) and I had a Girl's Night Out at the Melting Pot. We try to get together every couple of months and go out to dinner to catch up. None of us had been to the Melting Pot before...it was quite an experience. The food was actually really good, but very expensive. We decided that if we ever go back, we might order dessert only. It was awesome! We had a great time and decided to call it a night after dinner. I was exhausted and Connie had to pick her kids up. Hopefully next time we will be able to stay out past 9:30!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...