Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Late Valentine's Day Post

The Saturday before Valentine's day, Gerry and I had planned to go out to a nice restaurant for dinner and then go out for drinks after. We even hired a babysitter for the night.

Then everything happened with Devon, which wound up costing a lot of money we weren't expecting to spend.

Then the Kindle showed up.  I felt really bad knowing that Gerry had spent money on a gift to me and we had just paid everything for the dog so I suggested doing something different...something a little less expensive than dinner at a nice restaurant.

For me, it was more about just spending time with Gerry. (without the kids) I didn't care where we went or what we ate.  I jokingly mentioned we should just eat out at Chik- Fil -A.  A new one opened up close to our house last fall and Gerry has been dying to eat there, but the kids won't eat it so we haven't been.

That sparked and idea.  There are a few bars all within walking distance from Chik-Fil-A, so Gerry suggested we do a mini Pub Crawl, just the two of us.

I said I wanted to do something different, so I was all for it.

Our first stop?  St. Louis Sports Zone.  It was kind of dead, but we split some nachos and we each had a beer.



Next up: The Tilted Kilt.  Okay I never said the bars in the area were classy, or even nice.  This one was very interesting.  The waitresses dress worse than they do at Hooters.  Think Britney Spears in "Oops I Did it Again" ...on crack.  The bar/pub sort of  had a Scottish/Biker/Pirate theme to it.  Not very romantic, but made for great people watching! We had a few drinks here.  It was fun! (The worst part was that people actually brought their families...with kids...to eat dinner here.  Wth?)



Our third stop of the night was, indeed, Chik-Fil-A for dinner.  Nothing hits the spot after a few drinks like a good chicken sandwich and waffle fries.  Mmmm.  It was good and worth the wait!



Last stop: 54th Street Bar and Grill.  I couldn't fit anything else into my stomach so I just had a glass of water.



 
The night turned out to be so much fun.  I loved being able to hang out with Gerry and talk...just the two of us.  The best part???  We were actually in bed...sleeping...by 10:30 pm!

2 comments:

Danifred said...

What a fabulous idea. I love how creative you got to have fun!

Rebecca said...

I love this idea...glad you guys had fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...