Friday Night Leftovers is a great way to get all your random thoughts from the week out of your head. Play Along with Danifred at Sippy Cups are Not For Starbucks. It's fun!
- Loving thats the kids are sleeping in until 7:00 am lately.
- Hating that it is totally messing up their naps. Maria is not tired enough around 1:00 to take a nap. I have a really hard time getting her to take a nap at all these days. I do make her lay down for at least an hour, and some days she'll fall asleep. Other days she jumps on her bed and sings the whole time.
- I really need to get back to working out again. We joined the YMCA at the end of February and I was going 3 times a week. It felt great to exercise again and it was nice to have a little break from the kids during the day. But then Naomi had a runny nose for a while and I didn't want the nice child care ladies to have to deal with it. Then it all just went down hill from there. I really do need to make it a priority again. Karen's wedding is right around the corner (well...around the corner as in June 2011) I'd like to at least have a non-flabby back, arms and shoulders for the short, strapless, black dress I'll be wearing. I'm not asking for "Linda Hamilton in the Terminator 2 arms". I just don't want flab. That's not too much to ask, is it?
- So, we're having a deck built. We just signed the contract with the construction company. We asked them if it can be completed by Naomi's 1st Birthday party (Which is May 8th). "Sure!" they tell us. "We have another project ahead of yours, but I'm sure we'll be able to do it." Are we insane? It reminds me a lot of this time last year when we decided in mid February to have part of our basement finished. We asked that company if they could have it finished by May 8th. (which was the day I was having a C-Section with Naomi) Coming home with a new baby and having men working in your basement just didn't sound appealing to me. They told us it could be done, and for the most part, it was. But the process was very stressful. We'd really like the deck to be completed so we can actually use it at her party. We don't have a very big house so the extra space would be great. For Maria's first birthday party we actually had 2 parties (one on Saturday and one on Sunday) for each side of the family. Never doing that again! It was crazy and stressful! So, cross your fingers that the weather hold up and our deck will be completed by May 8!!!
- Dear Nickelodeon - I freakin' love Ni Hao, Kai Lan. It's a great show. My daughter loves it too! She's learning so many new words in Chinese. Some we know, some we don't. If you haven't already, can you please provide a page on your website for all the words and phrases the characters say? She walks around the house, literally, speaking a foreign language, and we'd like to know what she is saying. My husband thinks it's so great, he wants to enroll her in Chinese language lessons. (seriously?...she's 2)
- We thought we'd just go all out and totally submerge her in Asian culture- we've also discussed getting Maria involved in some sort of Martial Arts lessons. (they offer them at the Y) Either Tae Kwon Do, or Youn Wha Ryu (whatever that is). Since she loves to hit and kick (really, really loves it) we thought it would be good to foster that! (ha) I also heard it's great for discipline. Does anyone who reads this have little kids or know little kids that have taken some kind of Martial Arts lessons? I need some advice on this topic!
- There are so many things that we need to do before Naomi's party. I still need to make the invitations and get them out in the mail, decide on the menu, get new mulch for the front of the front of the house, plant flowers, plant 2 new bushes, clean the house, power wash the house, buy decorations...oh and have a deck built! ahhh! I'm feeling stressed and very limited on time!
- This is my 100th Post! Yeah for Blogging!!!!
Bring on the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a good one!