Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mr. Giammanco Goes To Washington

Gerry left yesterday for a workshop in Washington D.C. He will come home late tomorrow night, but still...it feels like forever.

This is the first time he has gone out of town since Naomi was born.

That means this is the first time I have taken care of 2 kids by myself for more than a typical work day.

Wow. After today I really have a new respect for single parents. I don't know how anyone does this day in and day out. I guess they really don't have a choice. And maybe it's safe to assume that most single parents aren't staying home with their own kids all day long. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids. But let's be honest...one is 2 and the other is 7 months. They are definitely not self sufficient in any way, shape or form. If I could teach Maria how to give Naomi a bottle things might be a little easier.

I had all these plans to get the house really clean so Gerry would think I actually did something really productive while he was gone. I had plans to do all the laundry...maybe even vacuum. Yeah... none of that happened. In fact, by 5:00 pm, I was so exhausted that Maria ate Eggo Waffles and yogurt for dinner and I ordered Chinese food.(I am so excited that I found a place that delivers to our house!!!)

I decided something tonight. I decided that I really miss my husband. Not because he is a tremendous help around the house, with the girls or the daily ins and outs of life. But because he really is my friend. I miss hugging him when he comes home from work, telling him about my day and goofing around with him while we clean up the kitchen after the girls go to sleep at night.

So, Gerry, if you're reading this...I can't wait for you to come home.

See you soon! I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...