Friday, November 6, 2009

Finally....Furniture!

Yeah! I am so excited to announce that Gerry and I finally bought some new living room furniture. I have to admit, the stuff we had was very nice. It held up well. The color was never what I really wanted for the living room, but overall, it was was good quality.

Since we got rid of Nemo, we decided it was just time to buy new. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on anything since we knew the girls would probably be spilling on it and making other messes. And...we still have Devon, so who knows. Although, Devon is no longer aloud on the furniture...she will be getting a very nice, new dog bed. Our ONE attempt at looking for furniture did not last long. We though we'd be able to just run in, pick something out, order it and leave. Consequently, taking a 2 year old and a (almost) 6 month old furniture shopping is not the funnest thing to do in the world. Besides that, Weekends Only didn't really have anything we wanted. We also went to Ashley Furniture. We found a recliner chair we liked, but no couch. Maria was dying to get out of the stroller and Naomi wasn't eating well that day, so we just left.

Later that week I saw some ads on TV that Value City Furniture was having a good sale. I went on their website and found a couch and a love seat that I really liked. It was risky sending Gerry by himself to go buy furniture. But I figured he is pickier when it comes to quality, so I knew he wouldn't buy it if it wasn't decent. He liked it enough and we decided to pull the trigger.

They delivered it yesterday and I really, really like it. It was a lot darker brown than I remembered from the website and I was surprised because I didn't think Gerry wanted to go that dark. But it actually looks really good in our living room. It matches our curtains and shelves lot better. It just makes the living room seem less cluttered, I guess because the older furniture was multi-colored.

Anyway, here are a few pics!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...