- We are celebrating over here at the G house! Maria is (dare I say) Pull Up free! She had been using them only at nap and bed time but for the past several weeks she has been waking up completely dry. I think we have thrown away 2 full packs of them dry, which is essentially like throwing $20 in the trash. So I decided to stop using them as a crutch and let her wear undies to bed! She gets up on her own in the morning and goes right to the bathroom...and has even woken up a few times in the middle of the night yelling "I gotta go potty!" We are super proud of her and can't believe how mature she is getting to be.
- Speaking of saving money...I have decided to start using our cloth diapers on Naomi ...again. I have started and stopped so many times I can't even count. But I finally had it when I bought a pack of Huggies and every diaper smelled like burned rubber...it was worse when they were peed in. The smell was so bad it made my throat hurt. I had Gerry and 2 other people smell them just to make sure it wasn't my imagination and they all smelled it too! I can't even imagine the amount or type of chemicals that were used in the making of those diapers so I am convinced, once again, the cloth is better.
- Busy times are coming! Maria and Naomi are both starting Little Gym later this month and Maria starts swimming lessons tomorrow. Maria's gymnastics class will be on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings she will do swimming while Naomi is at the gym. I am excited about all of this for many reasons...Maria is officially in the Pike class, which means 45 minute sessions (and I don't have to be in the water...yay!) Also she is on her own in gymnastics as well. I am excited for Naomi to do the Little Gym with Gerry because I think she will really like the class. Maria took the same class when she was little and quickly lost interest. We think Naomi will get more involved and participate better. Who knows? We'll see.
- I have been in a rut this week. All the Christmas decorations are down and everyone is back into a routine. I thought I would be too. But it feels like I have been fumbling through the days..waiting for Maria to get on the bus, waiting for Naomi to nap, waiting for Maria to get off the bus, making dinner and going to bed. Not sure what is wrong...I just don't have any motivation to do anything. It's so cold and dreary outside, yet I feel so cooped up in the house. Poor Naomi doesn't get to leave the house for days at a time. I've got to find something to do during the day or I'm going to go crazy. (Preferably something that doesn't cost money...unlike those quick runs to Target where I go in to buy diapers or shampoo...$100 later I know Gerry's going to kick my butt because I came home with way more than I intended to buy!) I know when the weather gets nicer I'll feel better, but that's not going to be for a while!
- When I was fixing Maria's hair for school the other day, she informed me she wanted a "low side pony tail" How did she know what this was?
- I walked into the kitchen the other day and caught Naomi singing "Baby, baby, baby...nooo!" Okay...why in the world is my 20 month old singing a Justin Bieber song? We don't listen to him so I have no idea how she knew the song.
- Maria told me she had a fiber bar for snack at school. Why are they serving 3-5 year olds fiber bars for snack? I thought this was hilarious!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Friday Night Leftovers
It's time for left overs again! Join Danifred for the fun!