Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (The Power Went Out and Forced Me To Get the Kids Out of the House Edition)

  • Gerry's starting to get sick so last night I was nice and let him sleep in the bedroom alone while I took the monitors and slept on the couch so he could get a good night of uninterrupted sleep.
  • Wow!  Did I pick a good night for that!
  • 11:00 pm: I woke Maria out of her slumber to go pee (as she has had a few accidents lately and I was trying to prevent that)
  • 12:00 am: Maria wakes on her own and says she has to go potty.(Good Girl!)
  • 1:30 am: Naomi wakes up screaming.  Don't know why. Cover her back up and go back to the couch.
  • 2:45 am: Naomi is crying...again!  What is with this child?
  • 6:00 am: I hear Gerry leaving for work.
  • 7:00 am: The kids wake up for the day.
  • 8:30 am: I am still laying on the couch because I am utterly exhausted while kids are watching TV and bam! The power goes out.  Great.  Haven't even given the kids breakfast yet.  Now what am I going to do?
  • After I call Gerry he says " Under no circumstances should you open the refrigerator!" Yeah...that's doable!
  • Can't get to the eggs, butter, syrup, milk, yogurt, sausage...I guess we are going out for breakfast.
  • Load up the kids and walk out to the garage...I realize I can't get the garage door open if the power isn't on.
  • After a few phone calls I manage to figure it out.
  • 9:30 am: On our way to a wonderful breakfast at Denny's.
  • Food didn't come until 10:20...the natives were restless!
  • I have never seen my kids scarf down so much food so quickly.  They were almost done with their plates before I even took my first bite.  Maria ate 3 chocolate chip pancakes (healthy, I know), 1 piece of sausage and 2 pieces of toast, while Naomi mowed 2 pancakes, 1 piece of toast, 1 sausage link and half a biscuit with gravy, and she at some of my turkey bacon!
  • On the way out, an older woman stopped and complimented me on how well behaved my children were.  I thanked her and said "Of course they're good when their mouths are full of food" as I tried not to laugh.
  • Trying to find some fun, FREE, indoor activities for kids ages 3 and 1 at the last minute isn't easy.  So we went to the mall and I let them run around in the little play area.
  • To the mom whose little boy spit in Maria's face: You are lucky I didn't spit in yours while you sat there gabbing away, NOT watching your son push other kids off the slide, butt in line repeatedly in front of Naomi (who is 1, btw), climb up the slide while others were trying to go down it, and yelling mean things! Your son is rude and gross.  
  • On the way home, of course the kids fell sound asleep and now they aren't napping in their beds while I type this.
  • Good thing the power is back on!
Happy Friday everyone!  Have a great weekend!  Don't forget to enjoy your leftovers with  Danifred!

4 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Popping in from FNL!

Why is every play area the same??!! There is always one kid there that is not being watched and is just a little sh!t!!

Megan said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the power being out!

Danifred said...

I would have lost my mind on that mother. I don't understand how parents can just sit around not watching their children. It's so frustrating.
(Although I like Tasha's version of "just a little shit" better)

Rebecca said...

Wow...that kid would have made me lose my mind...correction - that MOTHER would have made me lose my mind. I hate that.

It's hard to find things last minute...it's like you have to have a list stashed somewhere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...