Friday, December 31, 2010

Cookie Decorating and Gerry's Birthday!

Wow!  I am waaay behind on blog entries so I'm going to combine a few and try to make them short and sweet.  (Not that these are any less important, but I have so much catching up to do) And let's be honest...people really just want to see the pictures, anyway, right?

A few days before Christmas Eve, I baked up a batch of sugar cookies for the girls to decorate. After Naomi went to bed one night, Maria and I rolled out the dough, cut out the shapes and baked them. The next day, Naomi helped us decorate them as well. These were the cookies we left out for Santa on Christmas Eve.



Naomi started off adding M & M's to her tree.


 Then she decided to eat them.
 Santa, cut out by hand, since we didn't have a Santa cookie cutter.
 The finished products.
 Wow...I hope Santa likes decorating gel.  This was Maria's masterpiece!
 And this was Naomi's (un) decorated cookie.  Notice the bite she took out of it.  I don't think Santa will mind. Ha ha!


December 22 was Gerry's birthday.  In the weeks leading up to this day, I asked him a few times what he wanted to do on his special day.  He kept insisting that he just wanted to eat dinner at home with all of us and relax.  Although I agreed with him, I had a plan he didn't know about. I got in contact with a few of his co-workers and asked them to help me out.  His boss arranged for Gerry and some other men from a different company to have a lunch meeting.  These other men were in on the email invite so Gerry never got suspicious.  Little did he know that when he got to the restaurant where the lunch meeting was to take place, he found his three favorite girls waiting to surprise him!  We decorated the table with balloons including a special Tinkerbell one that Maria picked out!  The look of surprise on his face was priceless.

We had a nice lunch together but the suprise didn't end there. We all headed back to his work together and sang happy birthday and ate cake and ice cream with his fellow co-workers. What a fun day! It was so nice of Gerry's boss and his friend Connie to help me arrange this! So, if you happen to read this, thank you!




 Waiting for daddy to arrive:





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...