- Maria has been asking to wear her ballerina dress and listen to ballerina music (aka-classical music) so she can dance and leap around the living room. I must say, it's been quite nice having classical music playing in the background instead of the usual Diego, Max and Ruby, or Kai Lan dialogue.
- Sulfates - who needs'em? I recently purchased a sulfate free shampoo because my hair dresser has been trying to get me to buy in to it for a few years now. Finally, the price has dropped significantly enough that I gave it a try. She claims I only have to wash my hair every other day because the sulfates in regular shampoo are what makes it oily and look dull the next day. The results? I would say it looks better the next day and I don't feel as dirty, but I still wouldn't go out in public without washing my hair. It's just too thin.
- Speaking of hair - I am sad to say that I still feel as though I am losing mine. As I just mentioned, my hair is so thin and I've never had a lot of it so for me to lose ANY is a big deal. It all started after my blood clot when I was put on the dreaded coumadin for 3 months. I've talked to a few doctors, had my thyroid tested and they say everything's fine. My dermatologist suggested that since I was on coumadin for three months, I should wait three months to let my body fully recover and get it out of my system. He said if I still fee as though I'm losing it in January, to come in for an appointment. We shall see. In the mean time, I am not getting highlights, staying away from my chi flat iron, taking a multivitamin and trying to drink a lot of water.
- Gerry comes home tonight! He's been in Arizona for the past few days for work. We've missed him terribly but I am happy to say things have gone pretty smooth since he's been gone. The girls have been uncharacteristically good and meal times have gone well. I just don't like being here at night without him here. I worry about everything that could happen while we're sleeping and I worry about how I would handle it alone. (fires, earthquakes, robberies....you know, the usual!) I worry myself so much that I put off going to sleep. I wind up staying up extra late, which I regret in the morning! Hopefully Gerry will let me sleep in a little tomorrow!!!
- Wednesday night, the girls and I met my brother, Kelly and Hailey for dinner at a Mexican place. Just as we were about to leave a full out, 4 member Mariachi (sp?) Band came out and broke into song. They all had instruments and were singing and they were really goo, too! The girls freaked and loved it. Maria even started dancing between the tables, but then we had to leave.
- I am excited for Breakfast with Santa tomorrow at Maria's school, then we are going to my neighbor's house for a Wii game night and a little wine. (adults only...can't wait!)
- Sunday will be Devon, my Jack Russel Terrier's 13th birthday! I have had her since she was 6 weeks old. Overall, she is still in great shape and (knock on wood) we haven't had any major health problems with her. In a way, we have grown up together. She has been with me through a few relationships, she has moved with me several times, she has put up with all the different dogs I babysat in my home, all the dogs and cats we've fostered, and Gerry and I bringing home two babies. She has also been attacked by a 100+ pound Akita and lived to tell about it! She's a great dog, with very stinky breath and I love her dearly! Happy Birthday Devon!
Hope you all have a great weekend! We will be decorating and putting up our tree and waiting for St. Nick to come Sunday night!