Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Monday morning and my living room looks like this....



...and I don't even care!

The weekend is over and I am going to need the entire day to recover.

Yes...I know I haven't posted in a long time but I just got my computer back on Friday.  The Internet card shot craps so now we have and external one...but I'm not complaining because the computer is WAY faster now!

This weekend was crazy, but I will tell you what else is going on first:

The biggest news is they started on the deck.  Last week, they dug the holes, had them inspected and poured the concrete.  They (hopefully) are going to start on the actual deck tomorrow, weather permitting.  Guess what the weather forecast is around here for the next week?  RAIN!!!  (just our luck) They claim it will only take 3-4 days to complete so we're still keeping our fingers crossed that it's finished for Naomi's party!

Something is wrong with my knee.  The knee I DID NOT have surgery on in high school.  I don't know what I did to it, but I can't bend it all the way.  When I try, it feels like something is grinding around in there and it makes me sick to my stomach.  Sometimes I forget, because it doesn't hurt all the time.  I will step over a toy or walk down a step and it almost brings me down to the ground, the pain is so bad!.  I saw an orthopedic, he took x-rays and gave me prescription naproxen.  He said  if it's not better in 6 days to come in for an MRI.  I think I might be calling soon.  I can't handle this.

We are feeling the pressure to get things ready for Naomi's party now.  It's less than 2 weeks away and I still have to order the cake, buy a few more decorations, get goody bags for the kids that will be here, and buy Naomi her present from us.  What on Earth do you get a 1 year old girl who has a big sister who got a million toys for her first birthday that are stored in boxes in the basement?

I am excited about getting her first birthday pictures done next week.  I have some cute props and a super cute shirt that I ordered from Etsy.com. Can't wait!!!

Gerry and I have TWO nights out this week -sans kids!  You heard me ...TWO!  Wednesday night we are going to our first Cardinal's game of the season (we're taking the girls to my mom's house) and Friday night we are going to watch a play of the entire Star Wars Trilogy done in one hour put on by St. Louis Shakespeare's Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre.  Gerry is a huge Star Wars fan so this should be fun! My brother is coming to our house to watch the girls.  I love when they come to our house!  So convenient!

Now, let me tell you about this weekend!  It was fast and furious! Saturday we threw a surprise "sprinkle" for my sister-in-law, Laura. Her and Bobb have a daughter, Olivia, who will be 2 in August.  Everything they had from her was pink.  Laura is having the first baby boy of the family in June so I thought this would be a great opportunity to hook them up with some much needed "boy stuff".  We rented a small room at a restaurant and decorated it with fun sports stuff, which is their nursery theme. Our immediate families and some of their very close friends joined us.  We ate lunch and all the kids ran around and played. It was a lot of fun!  They got some really cool stuff...lots and lots of BLUE!











Papa, Grandma, Naomi and Gerry


Grandma G. with Maria and Naomi


Surprise!!!


Proud Parents


Big Sister- To- Be Olivia!









I was so busy getting food ready that I was unable to get any pics of my special party.

But....

         We have so many exciting events coming up!  Stay tuned for lots of fun pics!!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fun weekend! I love the clothesline of onesies! Have fun on your nights out!

Ha...my word verification is "cutini" which sounds like a really cool cocktail, doesn't it?

Danifred said...

Sounds like you are keeping WAY busy over there, no wonder you haven't had any time to blog!
I just love the idea of a 'sprinkle'... my girlfriends threw one for me even though I resisted at first. It was a great way to stock up on diapers and wipes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...