- Gerry is off today! We have so much to do before the weekend (grocery shop, get Maria Easter shoes, work outside, clean the house before tomorrow morning) and yet here I am sitting on the computer blogging! Priorities!
- We dyed Easter eggs last night. My brother, Kelly and Hailey came over. It was a lot of fun. I have to say that Maria made me very nervous with all the coffee cups full of egg dye, but she did a great job! No spills or stains on her clothes...so I guess it was a success.
- It got up to 83 degrees in our house (87 outside) yesterday!!! Hello??? What happened to Spring?? We are trying so hard NOT to turn the AC on yet, it is only April, after all! As long as it doesn't get humid, I think I can handle it. But, we'll see!
- I am very excited for Easter this year. One reason in particular is because I got the girls MATCHING Easter dresses. Yes, I know they aren't twins...and I've never dressed them alike before. But the dresses were so cute and I think Maria will get a kick out of her and Naomi matching! And, to top it off...I bought the dresses at Wal-Mart for $7.50 a piece!!! They even came with little sweaters so I don't have to buy those! I can't wait to see them all dressed up!
- Maria spent most of Wednesday morning wearing "big girl underwear." Needless to say, I spent the morning cleaning the floors! So frustrating! She got mad when I put a diaper back on her, but she doesn't want to sit on the potty so I'm not going to keep pushing. Plus, I hate following her around hoping she doesn't pee on the couches or her bed, etc! Everyone keeps saying "Oh just wait to until the weather is warm and try it." Okay, weather is warm now! That doesn't make her want to try any harder....and warm or cold outside, I still have to clean up the floor after she pees on it!
- Last weekend, Gerry and I bought a Flip Video Camera. It's pretty cool. I've been playing around with the software...trying to be creative and make movies with it! Stay tuned...I've got some cute ones in the making!
- I am excited to have Gerry's family over for brunch tomorrow morning! I love brunch. It's such a great meal. On Sunday, we are going to church and then going to my brother's in the afternoon. Fun times! Maria can't wait for the Eater Bunny!
- I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend! While you are with your families, opening baskets, eating candy, looking for eggs...don't forget the real and true reason we celebrate! We celebrate because Jesus died on a cross, for our sins and rose from the DEAD so that we can go to heaven!
- I've included this sobering video in case you needed a visual! Happy Easter!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Friday Night Leftovers
It's time for Friday Night Leftovers again! Play along with Danifred!