Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Month of May



The month of May is always so crazy busy for us.  We have a lot of important occasions to celebrate in May.  Of course there's my birthday, Naomi's birthday, Mother's Day and our wedding anniversary (5 years on the 21st).

I'm sure I will dedicate one post to each of these topics, but there is another event that's close to my heart that takes place throughout the entire month.

May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month. As many of you already know, I was diagnosed with a very early stage malignant melanoma in May 2008.  The diagnosis came as a total shock and it has changed my life.  I never in a million years thought this would happen to me...but it did. You can read my story here.

I implore you to look over these guidelines to see what you can do to protect yourself and your family from this deadly disease.

You always hear so much about how "everything" causes cancer.  But we know for a fact that the sun is a definite culprit. Be smart and think about it.  It may take more time to apply the sunscreen, but it's worth it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing that...I used to be so bad about taking care of my skin, but I've gotten much better.

I emailed you again...not sure why it didn't go through the first time...let me know if you don't get it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...