Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tonsillectomy: Day 2, Saturday

I slept on and off most of the night, waking to take my pain meds and re position myself.  I know I woke Gerry a few times, but I was able to get up and get more water and ice packs for myself.

I woke up around 9:00 am and decided I wanted some coffee.  I let it cool to room temperature and it tasted so good.  The rest of my breakfast consisted of apricot and berry blue jello...yum!

My mom decided to take the girls to the park and have a picnic, so the house was nice and quiet after 11.  I watched a movie while Gerry took a nap.  They all got back home around 1:30.  I felt good enough to take a shower, then I was worn out so I took more pain pills and went back to bed around 3.  I woke up to the wonderful aroma of a pork roast, mashed potatoes and veggies, which made my stomach growl.  I was very woozy still so my mom brought me a cup of chicken noodle soup and some tea.  I was so excited to be able to swallow the noodles.  It made me feel so much better just to have something solid in my tummy.

The pain was probably the worst is has been when I woke from that afternoon nap.  I am beginning to dread going to sleep, although I am so tired.  It takes so long to get comfortable, then I wake myself up from snoring, choking or coughing.  I keep sipping on water every chance I get so my throat doesn't dry out.  I put off going to sleep until 11 so I could take my pain pill and crash.

Before the girls went to bed, I was treated to an arm/hand massage by Maria and my mom.  It felt so nice.  Maria is being so cute.  She continues to hug me and tell me how much she loves me.  I try to mouth the words back to her or give her the sign in sign language because I really can't talk at this point.  When I do, it sounds and feels like I have a throat full of cotton.

If the pain stays like this, it is manageable. But I have a feeling it's going to get worse.  I am trying to just take one day at a time and I will hopefully come out of this with some great benefits.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...