Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 3: Sunday

This was by far, my worst day so far. I slept terribly and woke up feeling stiff all over.  I can't find a comfortable position to sleep and these pain pills are giving me some weird dreams.

I got out of bed around 9 and I was so hungry! My mom made me some scrambled eggs and I asked her to make 2.  I couldn't wait to get them in my tummy.  However, it was a big disappointment.  My tongue is very swollen and I could barely taste them.  It took so much work to chew the tiny little pieces in to tinier pieces and the jaw pain I am starting to have didn't make that easier.  By the time I was finished, I maybe ate half of one egg.  I wanted to eat more but just couldn't get the strength to chew.  I did have some more jello, though.  Not sick of that yet.

Gerry took the girls to church and then down to see his parents.  My mom went home for a few hours and I was able to find a comfy spot on the couch and rest for a while.  Later on, Erin came by to visit.  I warned her that I was so crabby, but she brought a funny movie that made me laugh a little.

After the movie, while everyone was eating dinner (pizza, lasagna and veggies) I was feeling terrible.  If it didn't hurt so much to cry, I would have been crying.  My ears are starting to hurt again, my jaws hurt....just everything.  It's so frustrating not to be able to talk or eat too.  That makes me extra crabby.

I did manage to eat some ramen noodles, some very thin instant mashed potatoes and drink some Ensures today so I consider that a very small victory.

Here's to a light at the end of this tunnel!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hang in there!!! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't talk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...