Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is... a DQ Ice Cream Cake!





Since Maria was born, all I've wanted to do for Valentine's Day is eat a DQ Ice Cream cake. I don't really care about gifts, or going out anymore. So, Gerry and Maria went to DQ on Valentine's Day morning and picked one up! Needless to say, the girls liked it too! Jeff, Kelly and Hailey stopped by after dinner and had some cake with us as well.

Friday afternoon I started getting really crabby because I had a stiff neck. I don't know if I slept on it wrong, or what. But by the time Gerry got home from work, I was almost in tears it hurt so bad. It really ruined any excitement I felt towards watching the opening ceremonies to the Olympics.

I thought it would be better on Saturday after using the heating pad on it most of Friday night and taking some Ibuprofen. When I woke up Saturday morning, I truly was in tears. I couldn't turn my head to either side or tilt it backwards. I had plans to go to dinner with my BFF, Erin, that night, and I wasn't going to miss it. So, Gerry was nice enough to let me go back bed and sleep until 10:00 am.

Saturday afternoon Bobb, Laura and Olivia stopped by to bring us some Valentine's Day cookies they had made. Maria was excited that Olivia got to eat lunch here and the girls played for a little while. My neck was feeling a little better, but I still asked Erin to pick me up for our "date" b/c I didn't think I could drive. Had a good steak dinner at Tucker's and 2 bloody marys later, I was feeling pretty good. We ended the evening by seeing "Valentine's Day" which was actually a decent movie. I liked it!

Now, it is Monday afternoon and my neck still hurts. It's causing me to have a terrible headache as well. I guess I am going to have to make an appointment with the chiropractor. Today is the kind of day I wish I had a nanny!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...