Monday, July 20, 2009

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY MARIA!!!

Maria is 2 years old today! Wow! Although time has gone by fast, I can't remember not having her in our lives. The day Gerry and I got married, my life changed and it was amazing. But the day Maria was born, my life became complete. Raising a daughter has been one of the most wonderful and most challenging experiences of my life. She has brought so much joy to our lives. As I look back over the past 2 years, I can't help but think of all the times she has made us laugh with her sweet little smile, the way she would wave her little hand and say "Hi" a thousand times in a row until you would say hi back to her. I laugh out loud when I think of how cute she is every time the Ellen DeGeneres show comes on and she runs into the room so she can dance to the music, or how she shows that a giraffe has a "loooong neck". She cracks me up the way she dances around to techno music when we have dance parties in the living room! I will never forget taking her to Branson last year and watching her eyes, wide with excitement, as the horses ran past us at the Dixie Stampede. And I will never forget holding her tightly as she slept in my arms the day I found out I had skin cancer. I cried so hard and prayed that God would completely heal me so that I could watch my daughter walk down the aisle and be a grandma to her children. WOW! Being a grandma seems so far away. But I know time is going to fly and I want to remember everything! The last 2 years are filled with incredible, irreplaceable memories of Gerry and Maria...and now baby Naomi. I am one lucky woman! Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet girl -- Maria! I love you so much!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cara you totally had me tearing up. Maria is such a sweetie and so fun to be around. I never told you guys but that last time we were over for dinner when Bryan was sitting on the couch reading with Maria, when we got home that night we had "the baby talk" He was ready. We have sinced decided to wait a little while longer, but in my mind I think I owe a little bit of the baby bug to Maria. Only a special little child like her could accomplish that.
Love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...