Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Cardinal's Game

Gerry got tickets to the Card's game for Mother's Day (which also happened to be Naomi's birthday) and we thought it would be a fun outing since we would all be together as a family.  However, Naomi was really sick and we had to make the decision to either stay home with her and disappoint Maria, or leave Naomi home sick on her birthday.

Luckily Super Grandma Birdie stepped in to save the day! My mom agreed to watch Naomi, and this made me feel good because I knew she would take very good care of her and give her lots of extra love while she was sick.  I still felt bad leaving her but we had a huge party planned for her the following weekend and she really didn't even know it was her birthday anyway. 

So, Gerry Maria and I went to the baseball game together.  It was a lot of fun and Maria had a blast cheering and laughing.  We had a huge lunch there...ballpark hot dogs, burgers and fries.  And later on Maria and I enjoyed some dippin' dots! Mmmm!



It turned out to be a great day and I think the Cardinal's won, although we didn't stay for the whole game.  We needed to get back to our sick birthday girl and spend some time with her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...